What will happen during the Weekend?
Through various workshops and activities, in small and large groups, COMEGA provides an open, trusting, non-competitive environment for men of all ages*, races and backgrounds to openly share and learn from each other. Men are encouraged to bring their sons. This is a wonderful opportunity for young men to watch other men at play and men sharing from their hearts.
*We suggest as a minimum age of 12 – 14 years for youth to participate, with the knowledge that those men bringing younger persons with them are responsible for these young people throughout the weekend. Please click the link below if you have questions about age appropriateness for youth.
Starts with registration and a wholesome meal (if you prefer vegetarian food, please indicate this on the registration form). Following the evening meal will be a traditional opening circle, where we will begin the process of forming a sense of community. Following the opening circle there is an opportunity to participate in a ceremonial experience and evening workshops.
Activities include three meals, an opening circle after breakfast, morning and evening workshops, free time to explore the grounds, hike, or relax and small group sharing time. After the evening meal we gather in a community circle to reflect on the day's activities, followed by a talent show, drumming circle, and free time.
Begins with breakfast, an opening circle, more workshop sessions, and small group sharing time. After lunch there will be a community sharing circle followed by a ritual closing the weekend. Departure is slated for 3:00 PM.
Each participant will be responsible for his own cleanup at the end of the day and before the Sunday departure.
What should I bring?
• Pillow and sleeping bag or sheets and blanket
• Flashlight (indispensable at Camp Hazen)
• Ear plugs
• Warm clothing and rain gear (indispensable at Camp Hazen)
• Layers of clothing.
• Shaving kit, towel, meds, etc.
• Any musical instruments you play (sheet music)
• Drums (if you want to participate in drumming circles)
• Information about men's issues and resources you may want to share
• Fathers, Sons, Brothers, Sons-in-law, Friends
Please do not bring:
• Controlled substances
Consider giving yourself a vacation from all electronics!
This is an alcohol-free, drug-free and weapons-free weekend.
Activities (not all available at the all gatherings):
• Alpine tower • Basketball • Volleyball • Climbing tower • Affinity groups • Canoeing • Sailing • Swimming •
• Hiking • Music — guitar, drumming, singing • Talent Show • or maybe just take an afternoon nap....•